Each part of “Under the Social Influence” captures specific (positive and negative) influences that can impact a successful life and career. It uses examples of what generally happens, unique and sometimes humorous stories of what went wrong and then methods for altering the reader’s behavior as they grow and mature. The book appeals to Gen Y workers seeking their first “real” job, employers looking to figure out why their millennial workers act as they do, and helps everyone put life in perspective and focus on what’s really important. This is a cut-to-the-chase, no nonsense, real world, tough love playbook for those struggling to get ahead and those under the influence of negative social situations.
Proceeds go to:
Book sales will proceed the NSCA Education Foundation. The mission of the NSCA Education Foundation is to advance education opportunities within the electronic systems integration industry by providing funding for current industry professionals and for those pursuing careers in the electronic systems industry. The Foundation is committed to the growth of the industry by providing access to the best and latest education available.
Goals of the NSCA Education Foundation:
- Provide scholarships to the next generation of electronic systems integrators
- Explore opportunities to support current professionals stay on the cutting edge of an ever changing industry
- Create industry networking and mentoring opportunities
- Improve the quality of the workforce by offering access to continuing education opportunities
- Raise money through special events to support important industry efforts
- Encourage schools to offer more programs relevant to our field
- Attract new demographics, such as women and veterans, to the industry
- Communicate the positive benefits of enter the industry and improving existing skills